-- from an ongoing conversation with a man I greatly respect, a Vietnam vet, a pacifist, who among other uncharacteristic things has said he hopes Bush gets assassinated, such is the fever of his passion
-- he and others have pointed out the irony of saying to cut-and-run in Iraq will embolden terrorists when the war itself has been a boon to extremist recruiting in Iraq and elsewhere, as well as providing a "state-of-the-art" training ground
* poetic language * Jack Foley Nicholas Manning Dan Masterson Salvatore Quasimodo, Tr. Anny Ballardini Jorge Lucio de Campos Todd Swift Hugh Tribbey Eileen Tabios Ashok Niyogi Dustin Hellberg Amy J. Grier Lorcan Ryan-Black Graham Nunn Phil Cordelli & Brandon Shimoda Mark Young Sandy Florian Marcia Arrieta Emily Waples Erin McElroy Jane Adam Crag Hill Jeffrey Side C. L. Bledsoe Timothy David Orme José Alejandro Peña Thomas Lowe Taylor Al Swanson David Chikhladze PR Primeau
* eidetics * Vadim Bystritski
* the eratio broadside * Keith Tuma & jUStin!katKO Jo Cook Aryan Kaganof Catherine H.
* bookshelf * Jake Berry reads Hank Lazer
* the eratio gallery * Jeff Crouch Jukka-Pekka Kervinen Márton Koppány .
edited by Gregory Vincent St. Thomasino . eratio appears for spring and fall and is always reading please read the guidelines before sending:
For me it is a pleasure to announce the third stage of the homage at 10 years of the death of our dear friend and poet Guillermo Deisler.
The first stage was the space in the website BOEK861 www.boek861.com for firm pictures. The second stage was the Hartmut Andryczuk´s website http://www.hybriden-verlag.de/hybriden/seiten/for_universe.html for pictures in movement. The fourth and last stage will be carried out in Santiago de Chile with a series of poetic and reminders events organized by the Forum of Chilean Writers during the month of October, 2005.
Now evening out after the first frenetic days of the new school year (believe it or not, I love 'em, growing first impressions, perfect plans, energies without horizons, learning fires burning -- just about everything's possible, no minds left behind ((except those residing in political offices, rearing empty heads from elected orifices, Oh Dante!))), I continue to get as much of SPORE 2.1 in place as I can.
It's still got lots of holes still. It's still got lots of room still!
I'll continue to read writing in response to paintings, sculpture, photography, performance -- lit in response to art... I'll read until Thanksgiving. I hope to get this issue out by the end of the year.
I'm especially looking for commentary about ekphrastic writing, its openings, its limitations, exemplary works previously published... Please query.
Send work via e-mail email@example.com or by post: 1111 E. Fifth St., Moscow, ID 83843.
An incomplete list of contributors to date include: Geof Huth, Tim Petersen, Miekal And, Mark Young, Eileen Tabios, Ravi Shankar, Shin Yu Pai, Jordan Stempleman, Steve Dalachinsky, Barry Alpert, Ron Henry, John Perlman, Alex Gildzen, Joel Lewis, Marcia Arrieta, Nico Vassilakis, and Daniel Bradley.